Friday, May 15, 2020

Week of May 18th Music Lesson/Activities

Hello families!

The activities I recommend are still based on the at-home music lesson template I explain in this video. If you want more variety you can go to this blog post for K-2 ideas, and this blog post for ideas for 3rd-6th grade.

Kinder, 1st, and 2nd
1. Echo/canon clapping: Do at least 5 echo rhythms and 4 canons
2. De Colores Song: We're almost done with this song, can you sing the beginning? We're going to be singing this song together at our Music Party on Fridays with Ms. Bermudez :)
3. Music Book Read-a-loud: Listen to the storyteller share "The Sound of Music's Do-Re-Mi"
4. Wiggle Break: Complete this fun Zumba dance!
5. Steady Beat Game: Review how to play our steady beat game "Oh, what a treat" and find someone in your home to play it with you! See how many levels you can do as a family :)
6. Homemade percussion! For something easy and fun, look around your house to find some homemade instruments and play some rhythms with me.
7. My COVID Cover of Lizzo's "Juice": I hope this video makes you smile. I change the lyrics of a pop song to talk about how music is helping me get through this challenging time. Please enjoy! And, then sing the Little Hawk's song if you still have time :)

3rd, 4th, 5th, and 6th
1. Quiet Music Activities: Listen to some ideas for quiet music activities. Not all music making needs to be loud. You can engage with music at a soft volume, too :)
2. Wiggle Break: Complete this fun Zumba dance!
3. Betty Botter Challenge: week 2 of this challenge. Can you do all 3 levels??? Please upload your video to FlipGrid when you can complete any of the levels :)
4. Homemade percussion! For something easy and fun, look around your house to find some homemade instruments and play some rhythms with me.
5. My COVID Cover of Lizzo's "Juice": I hope this video makes you smile. I change the lyrics of a pop song to talk about how music is helping me get through this challenging time. Please enjoy! And, then sing the Little Hawk's song if you still have time :)

Ms. W-J and Ms. Arbuckle's students
Please review the notes names in our boom whacker videos, or choose from one of the playlists above to enjoy! You can practice the boom whacker songs by picking one note (A, B, C, D, E, F, or G) to clap every time it appears. I know a bunch of you liked "E" (the yellow one), so you can try clapping only when the yellow "E" appears and move on from there :)
Skeleton Dance
In the Hall of the Mountain King
Smashing Pumpkins
Pirates of the Caribbean
Ghostbusters
Popcorn II (the harder version)
Popcorn I (the easier version)
How Far I'll Go

If a student would like feedback about their performance, or they have questions, they can fill out this google form using their district email and I'll respond there: Get Feedback from Mrs. Harreld

Miss you all tons, take care!