Thursday, May 7, 2020

Week of May 11th Music Lesson/Activities

Hello families!

After 5 weeks of using the same warm ups, I'm only going to include links to videos for new activities. If that doesn't work please email me and I can send you links to the videos you'll need to complete all of the activities :)
The activities I recommend are still based on the at-home music lesson templates I explain in this video. I will also be recommending specific activities for each step for the rest of the school year. If you want more variety you can go to this blog post for K-2 ideas, and this blog post for ideas for 3rd-6th grade.

Kinder, 1st, and 2nd
1. Echo/canon clapping: Do at least 10 echo rhythms and 2 canons
2. De Colores Song: Can you sing half of the song yet??? We're going to be singing this song together at our Music Party on Fridays with Ms. Bermudez :)
3. Music Book Read-a-loud: Listen to the storyteller share the "The Story of Rock"
4. Wiggle Break: Complete this fun Zumba dance!
5. Review Your Notation Knowledge!: In order to keep our music skills sharp, let's review our notation knowledge before playing another fun game :)
6. Sing "Bow Wow Wow": Now that you've done the review, let's sing the song in a round!
7. Little Hawks Song: sing our Little Hawks and remember you're not alone!

3rd, 4th, 5th, and 6th
1. Review Ukulele Tuning: Next year I am hoping more of us can tune our ukuleles. Watch this video to review how we tune our instruments.
2. Wiggle Break: Complete this fun Zumba dance!
3. Betty Botter Challenge: this fun tongue-twister game is super challenging. I spent hours recording, and I still had to make edits when I was creating the video! lol Record yourself completing level 1, 2, or 3 of this challenge. You have 2 weeks for this because it is more difficult. I can't wait to see who is the ultimate tongue twister master!
4. Easy Song! So many of you enjoyed "Naughty Kitty Cat" that I'm suggesting you also sing "Bow Wow Wow" in a round. It's super easy, the song is fun :)
5. Little Hawks Song: Sing with me and remember you're not alone! We're all in this together.

Ms. W-J and Ms. Arbuckle's students
Please review the notes names in our boom whacker videos, or choose from one of the playlists above to enjoy! You can practice the boom whacker songs by picking one note (A, B, C, D, E, F, or G) to clap every time it appears. I know a bunch of you liked "E" (the yellow one), so you can try clapping only when the yellow "E" appears and move on from there :)
Skeleton Dance
In the Hall of the Mountain King
Smashing Pumpkins
Pirates of the Caribbean
Ghostbusters
Popcorn II (the harder version)
Popcorn I (the easier version)
How Far I'll Go

If a student would like feedback about their performance, or they have questions, they can fill out this google form using their district email and I'll respond there: Get Feedback from Mrs. Harreld

Miss you all tons, take care!